2010Survey Methodologies

Response Rates

A separate database pertaining to all eligible survey respondents was developed in order to assess the comparability and representativeness of the survey respondents to the total physician population. This data  was also used  to develop statistical weights to be applied to each stratum and age grouping within the 2010 survey results.

From the NPS Masterfile, physician age, sex, province, language, and year of MD graduation were captured, along with an indication of whether the individual completed the questionnaire. No names or addresses were collected and archived  in this separate database.

71.6% of eligible respondents were contacted initially by email, and the remaining 28.4% by regular mail. Of the doctors contacted, 12,076 replied to the survey, for an overall study response rate of 18.05%.

 

For more detail, please refer to the 2010 Complete Methodology document.

In-depth specifics about the Survey methodology including questionnaire design, data collection, response rates, weighting of results and survey administration are available. Please contact us for details.